Congratulations on Your New Pet in Your Family!
Jefferson Animal Hospitals are dedicated to providing the quality care that your puppy or kitten needs to live a long healthy life. We want to help you understand how to provide for your new pet.
We offer a DISCOUNTED EXAM by appointment for your first visit if you have acquired your pet within the prior 2 weeks. Ask our receptionist if you qualify, (there is a limited schedule for puppy/kitten exams). This is for healthy puppies and kittens and is their first wellness exam. Vaccinations and treatments are not included in this offer. There is a fee for Medical Records Set-up that will be refunded on your second visit.
Our puppy/kitten care is designed to provide a good foundation for your pet so that he or she enjoys a long, healthy life. We are advocates of preventative health care, and will provide tailored vaccination schedules and helpful pointers on home care that will keep your pet healthy, happy, and protected against preventable illnesses.
Your Pet’s First Wellness Exam
This visit includes a thorough “nose to tail” physical exam and allows us to establish an individualized wellness plan for your puppy going forward. Your puppy’s first wellness exam includes the following beneficial components:
- Comprehensive physical exam
- Vaccinations. A vital part of maintaining your pet’s health is vaccinations. The right vaccinations prevent your pet from getting highly contagious diseases that are easily spread. We look at several factors when we create a custom vaccination program for your new pet, such as their anticipated lifestyle, including whether your pet will be an indoor or outdoor pet, if your pet will need to be boarded, and if he or she is to be in direct contact with other pets including at the dog park or groomer.
- Parasite Prevention & Control
- We will conduct a fecal example each year to make sure they are free of parasites to protect your pet as well as your loved ones. We will recommend and offer safe and pain-free monthly preventative treatments for diseases like heartworm and ticks and fleas with medications like Heartgard and Frontline.
- Behavior and housetraining recommendations
- Nutritional counseling
- Exercise and behavior guidance
- Pet insurance recommendations
Vaccine Information for Kittens
We use PureVax Vaccine. This advanced vaccine is a recombinant DNA product that reduces the risk of Vaccine Associated Feline Sarcomas. All our vaccines are selected to provide the safest immunization for your pets.