Your Partner For Your Pet’s Good Health
At Jefferson Animal Hospital Fern Creek, our focus is to partner with you to ensure that your pet has the best preventative health care possible. When we opened our doors in 1978, little did we know how much we would mean to our Louisville community and Southern Indiana. We teach our staff to be compassionate and understanding of pet owners emotions and that we are a team with you to provide what is best for your pet(s) health care needs. We push our staff to be the best educated and most knowledgeable in Louisville to be able to provide these highly skilled services and procedures. Our team is very dedicated and passionate about pets. We have staff and doctors who have been a part of team for over 30 years. We have been Inspected and Certified by the American Animal Hospital Association since1980 as we voluntarily subscribe to the highest standards in our profession.
We offer extensive pet health care services at our Fern Creek location, including:
- Individualized care for your puppy or kitten, including wellness exams, vaccines and vaccine boosters, flea and tick prevention, nutritional counseling and behavior counseling.
- Free first exam for all puppies and kittens!
- Wellness care for your adult pet designed to maintain your pet’s good health and longevity.
- Specialized care for your senior pet, including bi-annual wellness exams and diagnostic testing, to detect changing health conditions early.
- Laser Therapy, to help with a variety of conditions your pet may acquire in his/her lifetime.
- Professional dental care for pets of all ages to keep your pet’s teeth clean and free of disease-causing plaque.
- Emergency care (during normal business hours) for all types of emergencies, including traumas. (24/7 emergency care is offered at our sister hospital, Jefferson Animal Hospital & Regional Emergency Center).
- Excellent general and emergency surgical care, anesthesia monitoring, post-surgical care and pain management.
- Advanced diagnostic equipment to aid our veterinarians in diagnosing your pet’s medical condition.
- Diagnosis and treatment of skin conditions, allergies and ear infections.
- General medical care for ill pets and a collaborative approach with pet parents in diagnosing, treating and managing chronic diseases such as diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease, kidney and liver disorders.
- Nutritional counseling and supportive prescription foods for medical conditions.
- Microchipping so your pet can return home if he or she is ever lost.
- Health certificates for traveling outside the United States with your pet.
- Hospice and end-of-life care and assisted euthanasia.
We can still see your pet for difficult diagnostic or surgical emergencies but if you need overnight nursing care, we will help transport your pet to our 24 hour hospital for critical care nursing all night. We do work by appointment with very thorough exams and comprehensive client education for your benefit. Our brand new 6,000 sq ft hospital is a state of the art facility that is being nominated for national awards.