Jefferson Animal Hospitals has very advanced capabilities in our lab that allows us to evaluate your pet’s health using simple blood and fecal samples. We can perform on site:
- Parvo Tests
- Feline Leukemia/Feline Immunodeficiency Tests
- Tick Disease Screenings (Lyme, Ehrlichia, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever)
- Fecal testing for intestinal parasites
- Full blood panels (CBC, Chemistries, Electrolytes)
- Coagulation Profiles
- Routine Heartworm Testing
- Microscope evaluations of stools samples, skin scrapes, ear slides or blood smears
We also utilize a Reference laboratory services for blood tests that are more complicated or that we don’t need immediate results. If you pet has a history of seizures, phenobarbital levels would be completed by our reference lab. Samples of tumors or other surgical specimans are sent to a reference lab for Histopathology by a trained Pathologist. And it often less expensive to use Reference labs for routine blood tests that don’t need immediate results.
We recommend annual or semi-annual blood profiles for our senior patients over 6 years of age. All routine surgeries will have a complete CBC and chemistry panel prior to surgery. Pets presenting for illness such as vomiting or diarrhea can have results from complete blood profiles within 30 minutes for immediate diagnosis and treatment.
Please ask if you have any questions about the capabilities of Jefferson Animal Hospitals to perform important lab tests for your pet.